- Manage the submission of the Group’s tax return to ensure compliance with the relevant tax laws and regulations as well as minimize tax liabilities.
- Manage Group’s compliance with the existing tax rules and regulations as enacted under the relevant Acts or imposed by the tax authorities i.e. Withholding Tax, Stamp Tax, Value Added Tax, Sales & Services Tax, etc. through regular updates to Tax/Finance staff throughout the Group.
- Advise Tax/Finance fraternity or relevant employees of the group on new laws/ rulings/ precedents/ case law.
- Provide tax planning advice to Group to minimize the tax liability. The planning cover for medium size companies and less complex issue as well as for new set-up.
- Identify / Propose new provisions / legislations that may impact tax liability (such as investment allowances, rebates, exclusions, new taxes etc) for the Group’s diversified business.
Tax Management Knowledge Sharing
- Manage Tax Management knowledge sharing efforts through knowledge awareness sessions to Finance and other relevant staff throughout the Group.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 10 – 12 years of working experience in taxation
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent, with accounting/tax background and/or working knowledge in tax/finance