Our client, an international cruise company, is looking for a Junior Manager for Technical operations with super yacht or cruise experience to join their team.
The Junior Manager of Technical Operations (MTO) ensures that the fleet’s deck and engine repair, daily technical maintenance and operation, capital expenditure/refurbishment, preventive maintenance, equipment replacement and engineering operating policies, procedures and purchasing practices are in full compliance with the SMS. In coordination with his/her team and the Director of Marine Operations, he/she develops and maintains all guidance relating to technical matters and technical ship’s personnel including guidance and oversight of all issues related to the AMOS system and scheduling the AMOS System Administrator’s training and project visits per the AMOS System Administrator’s contract.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Naval Architecture Master’s level preferred, a valid Engineer’s License with 4 years’ experience can be also considered.
- Two plus years of experience in Cruise/Yachting Industry.
- AMOS or similar PMS maintenance proficiency is preferred.
- Familiarity with inland ship regulations and rules.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to maintain agreed project deadlines and
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with shipboard
and shoreside management, employees, shipyards and sub-contractors.
- Highly proficient in the use of computer business applications, internet technology and
project planning and management tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving
complex technical, inter-personal and commercial issues.
- Fluent in English verbal/written, German language preferred.
In return for the above, our client is offering a generous compensation package. This is a great opportunity to join a long-established company with tremendous opportunity for ongoing advancement.