Our client is a top provider of Marine Autonomous Vehicles and Technologies servicing the defence, energy and ocean sciences sectors.
The Company is currently a small enterprise with plans to grow significantly over the next 12 months. They require a Managing Director who (working closely with the CEO) will deliver the target growth plan as well as have direct control over the day-to-day work and resources for the Company.
• In partnership with the CEO, prepare annual business plan (within an ongoing 3 year plan) and monitor progress against the plan to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible
• Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are maximised
• Represent the company in negotiations as required
• Develop and maintain Quality and Risk Management Systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible services are provided to its clients
• Makes key decisions working with the senior management team and researches and analyses industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategy decisions
Previous experience as a Managing Director is beneficial but not required. Alternatively, experience of being in a position of responsibility and accountability; whether its financial or delivering large projects in a related industry (defence, energy, oil and gas) is considered
High level of proven financial accumen
Technically minded with a keen interest in Marine Autonomy and Technology
A people person who can provide great leadership, inspiration and motivation to the growing team.
Existing networks in defence/oil and gas/energy/ocean sciences