Service Engineer - Marine Cranes
This position is responsible for providing maintenance and repair service to all brands of Container handling equipment at customer locations, with a focus on Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical repair and diagnosis. This position requires employee to perform maintenance and repairs on container cranes and heavy equipment in a professional, highly skilled, and safe manner.
- Providing maintenance and timely diagnosis repair of complex mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems on a variety of company managed and customer’s equipment while using a high degree of independent judgment.
- Complete regular preventative maintenance as scheduled and provide clear work order documentation and reports when needed.
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned
B.S. in Marine or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college, i.e. Maritime Academy preferred not required
Minimum of three (3) years' experience in heavy industrial equipment mechanical & electrical troubleshooting and equipment repairs including, Motors, Controls, PLC electronic control, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, structural and engine systems.
Experience with GE DC300, DC2000, ABB DCV 700, ABB ACS800, Siemens S7, Programmable Logic Controllers, and/or extensive classroom training with these drives or equivalent. Experience with programmable controllers' hands-on maintenance and troubleshooting.
Certified Welder, a minimum of AWS D 1.1 (All Position, l" Plate, Stick Rod), City of LA Department of Building and Safety Certified welding license preferred.
Must be able to reach blue prints and schematic drawings
Must feel comfortable and able to work safely at elevated heights, including several stories above the ground
Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment; some knowledge of engineering is a plus.
Acceptance in all areas of accountability, pertaining to all areas of responsibilities. Willingness to work various shifts. Willingness to work at various heights. Safety minded/oriented. Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience; Requires an eye for detail. Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism.