MARINE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Fort Lauderdale Marine Industry
- Developing marine electrical projects from concept to completion.
- Maintaining control of electrical projects for function, suitability and economics.
- Developing standards in electrical design, functions and materials.
- Developing test procedures for designed marine electrical equipment and systems.
- Producing electrical schematics and wiring diagrams for new and existing projects.
- Writing technical reports and classification submittals.
- Writing installation and operation manuals.
- Coordinating with customers, naval architects, equipment vendors, shipyards, classification agencies, contractors and sub-contractors in developing, designing and managing the manufacture, installation, testing and certifying of marine electrical equipment and systems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and engineering of marine electrical systems and equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of common marine electrical standards and practices as they relate to electrical power distribution systems and vessel control systems.
- Have a working knowledge of all marine systems, including but not limited to, diesel engine propulsion systems, diesel generator systems, fuel systems, fresh water and sewage systems, hydraulic systems, mechanical systems, air conditioning systems, lighting systems, vessel control and navigation systems, alarm, monitoring and safety systems, shore power systems, battery systems, etc.
- Excellent working skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. E
- Excellent working skills in AutoCAD in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Shall have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must have working knowledge of ABS, Lloyd’s, DNV, MCA and other marine classification standards, the ABYC Standards and the National Electrical Code.
- Full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum requirements may be met through extensive experience and specialized knowledge in the marine electrical field.
- This experienced and knowledge shall include the ability to apply engineering concepts theories and practices to achieve engineering objectives, to adapt and apply methods and techniques of related scientific disciplines and to organize, analyze, interpret and evaluate data in the solution of engineering problems.
- Office Setting
- Minimum Travel
Benefits and Wages
- Health insurance, Dental/Vision Coverage, Long term and Short term disability, 401K, paid vacations/holidays; profit sharing eligibility after 3 years of employment
- Wages based on experience