Our client requires an experienced Marine Control & Automation Engineer to join their small and innovative team specialising in marine technology.
The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the core control and automation solution, applying it to projects and supporting the in-service fleet. You will also provide technical input to the strategic supply chain plans being implemented by the company.
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in electrical, electronic or computing related subject
- A Minimum of 5 years working in automation and control or a similar technical discipline (ideally in the Marine industry)
- Function block and ladder programming environments
- Network and communications protocols (e.g. Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, serial links)
- System integration and working on multi-discipline projects
- Design and control of PID regulated devices, sequencing, and general equipment automation control through PLC’s
- Developing software using Matlab/Simulink and C/C++
- PLC Programming Packages
- Designing and modifying HMI screens
- Modernisation and porting of existing functionality to new platforms and/or operating systems as required
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK without Sponsorship