Technical position is to attend services on Navigation and communication systems on board the vessels (Repairs, Installation; Survey; commissioning, etc.)
- Provide service on-board vessels mainly in Rotterdam
- Install, integrate and test existing and new products on board /at shore on request
- Conduct installation audits and generate installation audit reports for Customer acceptance.
- Diagnose / fix issues on naval platform in-service.
- Support Service Control and other engineers with technical issues.
- As required, provide global technical support to customers and/or other engineers
- Be available for reasonable amounts of out of hours service work, sometimes at short notice. Overtime is payable for this.
- Return all documents to the Service Dept according to the required time.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Experience as a Marine Service Engineer, minimum 3 years
- Experience in a marine electronics environment , minimum 3 years
- Experience of practical fault-finding on complex equipment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills must be possessed by service engineer.
- PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills
- Being confident and reliable Ability to work effectively on their own
- Being flexible and adaptable to ships schedules / jobs.
- Being self-motivated
- He/she must be familiar with all parts of the equipment approved for it as well as familiarity with Manufacturers procedures.
- He/she must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other parties as Coordinators, Agents, Crews, Captains and Superintendents.
- He/she must be familiar with measures equipment test and Calibration.
- Manual dexterity - ability to climb masts and work safely at height. also, able to work in enclosed spaces, sometimes with difficult access.