This position’s primary responsibility involves the repair and maintenance of our vessels, floating dock, and support equipment.
Relocation Assistance is available as well as temporary housing.
- Daily vessel inspections and engine start-ups during operating season
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems to determine necessary repair work
- Ability to repair marine equipment on site under adverse weather conditions
- Vessel and equipment fueling
- Preventive maintenance of vessels
- Testing of all electrical components
- Vessel overhauling and periodic inspections of hull and fuel system
- Storm water quality inspections
- Performs general maintenance, including cleaning machinery and spaces
- Management of parts and inventory
- Liaison with local supply companies and outside contractors
- Maintaining maintenance records and logs all regulatory authority (U.S. Coast Guard/Transport Canada)
- Diesel engine repair with background in electronics
- Knowledge of Hydraulics system repair
- Five years’ experience operating, maintaining, and repairing machinery and systems
- Marine experience strongly preferred
- Experience as a lead engineer overseeing others is desired
- Knowledge of Volvo Penta electronic marine engines and marine twin disc transmission desired
- Familiarity with construction equipment and maintenance preferred
- Minor welding knowledge
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Possesses demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through
- Ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints
- Performing tasks independently with limited or no direction
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, light lifting, carrying, stairs and the ability to be in confined spaces, such as the engine room for extended periods of time, while working on moving or uneven surfaces. All of the ergonomic requirements must be performed without significant risk of injury to oneself or others, or otherwise demonstrate or explain how one can perform essential functions listed above.
Must be able to clearly read, speak, and understand English. Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions while working independently. High School diploma or GED required. Studies or apprenticeships in Mechanics or licenses/advanced degrees in Engineering or Marine Engineering will be strongly considered. U.S. Citizenship Preferred. Background check is required.