Our client, a large successful marine engineering organization, is looking for an experience Marine Engineer for an open position in Victoria, BC. This international organization continues to enjoy year to year growth and they need additional full-time staff in their office. They are looking for someone with the following type of background:
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Previous sea time, 1st Engineer or Chief Engineer preferred
- Survey experience working with a class society strongly preferred
- Ability to read engineering plans and have a basic understanding of shipbuilding practices and vessel operations
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities
- Knowledge of related technical interfaces required for group project work
- Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery
- Canadian citizenship required
In return for the above, our client will provide a generous base salary, paid company car, comprehensive benefits package and immediate vacation time. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your experience sailing an Engineering Officer in a stable shoreside position with a successful market leader.
Apply now for immediate consideration.