Candidate education and specifications:
- Formal qualification in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering ;
- Physically able to work in confined spaces, hazardous atmospheres, extreme temperatures and weather conditions, etc. and therefore being not suffering from allergies, vertigo, claustrophobia, etc.
- Willing to travel frequently;
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships;
- Good knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment, and safety systems of ships and familiarity with International conventions (SOLAS, MARPOL, Load Line, etc.) and IMO codes.
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience, either as a class surveyor or as owner superintendent or as shipyard quality control inspector or as a Chief Engineer (on board of merchant ships) are requested ;
- Previous experience as a surveyor of Classification Societies would be valuable and a major advantage.