Our client is a key marine gateway port in the North West of Ireland, handling cargo and tourism, offering a diverse range of services from towage, dredging, engineering, and playing a vital role in the regional economy. Due to internal movement, they have created an exciting new role for a Marine Engineering Team Leader to join them in Derry.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing marine engineering and maintenance to ensure the operations both on and offshore are conducted safely and efficiently. You will organise and attend the dry docks, maintain all equipment certifications, prepare annual maintenance budgets, and create schedules for planned maintenance amongst various other duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Valid Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency
- Seagoing experience with smaller vessels/workboats such as tugs, pilot boats, dredgers etc
- Shore-based experience in a similar role is desirable - ship to shore candidates will also be considered
- Currently, be based in commuting distance of the port in Derry
- Hold the existing right to live and work in Northern Ireland
In return, the client offers a competitive package and the opportunity to gain valuable shore-based technical management experience.
To apply and find out more, please send your CV to Elizabeth.Mahony@faststream.com.