Marine Inspector - Long Beach, CA
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting annual safety and special inspections of vessels in the Los Angeles / Long Beach Area.
Will also conduct marine casualty investigations; and respond to technical inquiries as directed.
Job Requirements and Education:
· Experience in the marine industry, preferably as a surveyor/inspector/auditor, U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
· Familiarity with maritime regulatory body Rules and Regulations, particularly with the port state control regime.
· Previous experience in a senior sea going capacity would be an advantage.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self - starter functioning in a team atmosphere.
· Effective organizational skills.
· Computer literate.
· B.S. in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, or related engineering discipline
Key words: USCG, Inspector, ABS, DNVGL, LR, Marine Inspector, Retired, Transitioning.