Our client, a well known global company, is expanding their team in Ireland and is currently looking for an Instrumentation/ IT Supervisor.
Your main role will be to provide instrumentation support services, maintenance of onboard and portable instrumentation and vessel IT support.
The Instrumentation & IT Technicians typically mobilise standard survey equipment used in hydrographic, oceanographic and fisheries acoustic surveys. The role will involve some attendance around Ireland to mobilise vessels. Some sea time may be required. Our client requires technicians with experience to mobilise and functionally test the equipment and then assist with trouble shooting if there are issues with systems like the EM2040 multibeam. Technicians will not be operating and acquiring the data. The job is to support, trouble shoot and repair.
The role is predominantly office based, with roughly 60 days of sea time and 60 days leave.
- Degree in Electronics or Marine Electronics.
- 5 years' experience in a similar role in the marine sector or related industries.
- Seagoing experience would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation used for marine surveys.
- Experience working in and managing teams.
- Full licence and competent at driving larger Class B vehicles.