Openings for both experienced field service engineers with medium and slow-speed diesel engines as well as entry-level candidates with an engineering/mechanical background.
Marine or Power Plant Experience is Preferred.
Will offer training on diesel engines and Well-established, growing company with multiple openings
Hourly wage; overtime; per-diem; excellent benefits
Daily Responsibilities & Challenges:
- Marine service engineer is responsible for maintenance and repair services on large diesel engines used by the marine and power industry
- Perform maintenance and repair on medium-speed diesel engines and turbochargers; including major overhauls, piston pulls, crankshaft repairs, etc.
- Work with hands using tools on machinery for extended periods of time
- Ensure compliance with regulations within all mechanical systems on board various vessels.
- B.S. Degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- Shipboard engine room experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with 4-stroke or 2-stroke diesel engines and auxiliary systems
- Knowledge of diesel engine controls, automation systems, diesel generator maintenance
- Solid understanding of engine room operations
- Skilled in hands-on engineering work and willing to be trained
- Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment
- Commissioning experience is a plus
- Ability to document work performed in Windows based computer logs
- Must be able to physically access ship vessels, offshore oil rigs and structures, shipyards, power plants, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 50% including some holidays
- Valid US Passport and Drivers license required
- Ability to pass background check and pre-employment DOT drug screen
- Customer-focused, team-player attitude