Senior Project Engineer for the development and execution of shipping-related projects. The position exists to providetechnical marine expertise and analytical skills to supporting the department’s activities. This role will provide technical expertise in the following areas: FPSO, LNG, Tankers.
- To support operations teams and chartering team with technical advice
- To review and evaluate new and emerging technologies that can be used on company owned and chartered deep sea vessels
- To set shipping’s technical requirements for all long term deep sea vessels, both owned and chartered.
- To support shipping projects during development, execution and handover to operations
- To manage marine vendor relationships and keep up with latest technology developments
- To assist department by providing technical advice and input into new business development activities
- Develop and maintain the departments analytical models on system, equipment and vessel performance
- To undertake design assurance in area of expertise. This would include the development, review and evaluation of items within area of expertise
- To maintain relationships with key vendors or equipment used onboard vessels that company either owners or charters
- To support various projects during development and through execution and handover to operations
- To lead lessons learnt reviews and to maintain a register for future use
- To be Subject Matter Expert (SME) in area of expertise
- Must have an 1st or Chief Engineer. Should have at least sailed in this rank for a suitable period of time.
- Must have worked ashore in a similar role ashore both in the operations side and in the project side for three years.
- Ideal candidate will experience with multiple Drydock Projects on a worldwide basis.
- Basic contract development and management is preferred