A long-established and highly regarded family-owned international shipping company is looking for an experienced marine purchaser to join their growing team in Cyprus. They have a quality fleet that is young and predominantly Japanese-built.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the sourcing, forwarding & delivery of provisions, paints, lubricants, etc for assigned vessels
- Review material requirements and send RFQs (requests for quotations) to suppliers
- Manage supplier performance against agreed contracts
- Assist with logistic arrangements for deliveries of materials
- Maintain documentation
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University educated with excellent command of the English language
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under time-pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and strong work ethic
In return for the above you can expect good career development opportunities with an established shipowner undertaking rapid fleet expansion.