Our client is well-established ship owner. Due to business developments, they are looking to hire a Marine Superintendent to work with their container fleet.
In this position, you will be responsible for a group of assigned container ships. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure QHSE policies are applied effectively onboard vessels
- Contribute to vessels operating the highest possible safety standards
- Ensure vessels operate in line with legal and regulatory requirements and company SOPs
- Handle incident investigations and P&I claims
- Coordinate with Charterers
- Ensure implementation of charter requirements on board the vessel
- Involved in the selection and appraisal of Officers
- Carry out vessel inspections
The ideal person for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience as Master Mariner or Chief Officer
- COC Class 1
- Shore-based experience in marine operations
- Experience with container vessels
Our client can offer an attractive salary and good long term potential for your career development.