Marine Surveyor: UK
This is a terrific opportunity to build a fulfilling career with one of the world's largest classification societies.
Our client, a large international class society, is looking for a Marine Engineer to work with their UK client base. Surveyors will visit vessels, marine suppliers and marine structures, preparing technical reports and working with their customers to identify and resolve any technical issues. They are looking for the following:
- Marine Engineer with previous class surveying experience
- Experienced Chief engineer or 2nd Engineer with a class 1 ticket
- Extensive deepsea sailing experience
- Ability to read engineering plans and have a basic understanding of shipbuilding practices and vessel operations
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities
- Must have a visa or work permit entitlement for the UK
In return, applicants can expect an great compensation scheme and a range of benefits including company car, generous pension contribution, healthcare, and more.