Our Client, which is one of largest and diverse Marine Classification Societies in the world, is looking to add to their team in Canada. Please see the following job description and requirements. If interested, please apply so a recruiter with our firm can contact you and give you more information for the role and the company.
The Marine Surveyor will be in charge of the following activities:
- Classification surveys of ships - new construction and ships in service.
- Surveying various types of maritime equipment, machinery, and cargo handling equipment.
- Surveys and certifications on behalf of public and governmental authorities.
- Production of accurate and concise reports.
Training and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Physically able to work in confined spaces, hazardous atmospheres, extreme temperatures and weather conditions, etc. and therefore not suffering from allergies, vertigo, claustrophobia, etc.
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time, mostly local travel.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships.
- ***Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident with a right to work in Canada***
- 3-5 years professional experience, either as a class surveyor, owner's superintendent, shipyard quality control inspector or Chief Engineer on merchant ships.
- Previous experience as a surveyor of Classification Societies would be advantageous.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written, French speaker a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and on tight schedules.
- Ability to manage conflicts and negotiate.
- Proactive customer focused approach.