My client is seeking a Marine Surveyor to join their growing team within their marine sector, sailing to the highest standards in technologies, rules and notations to handle shipping, offshore and yachting units.
In the role of Marine Surveyor, the person will survey and assess ships and other marine structures during construction and in service for compliance with the applicable Class, statutory and other possible applicable requirements. The Marine Surveyor will have accountability for the following responsibilities:
* Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes.
* Performs routine surveys on classed vessels, platforms or other marine structures and at manufacturers for classification and compliance with statutory requirements.
* Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
* Engages in contact with clients to resolve problems within area of expertise.
* Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Ability to develop a working knowledge of the classification Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions
* Ability to read engineering plans and have a basic understanding of shipbuilding practices and vessel operations.
* Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format.
* Knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities.
* Knowledge of related technical interfaces required for group project work.
* Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery.
* Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, pertinent information relative to assigned area of technical expertise.
* Ability to analyse problems and propose solutions.
* Responsiveness to customers.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Become familiar with my clients Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
* Preferably qualified as ISM/ISPS Auditor and MLC Inspector
* Develop the skills necessary for the administration of office procedures and monitoring of business performance at an assigned port.
Required/Preferred Education Requirements:
* Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two (2) years program); or
* Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer, and
* Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the scope of statutory certification and services and, before assignment, with their future work.