Our client is looking for a Marine Surveyor to examine and report on vessels and other marine structures during and after construction relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for classification with class, and with associated statutory and special service requirements related to various conventions like Safety of Life at Sea, Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear, Pollution Prevention, ISM, MLC2006 etc.
- Travel in various locations to carry on testing, related to marine equipment.
- Work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in an area of technical expertise.
- Prepare technically accurate and timely survey reports, and responses to letters, faxes, and other forms of communication.
- Perform work that involves conventional surveying practices, but may include moderately complex problem resolution and coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Make visits to vessels, marine structures, and manufacturers for routine survey activities and in different locations.
- Read engineering plans and implement knowledge of shipbuilding and vessel operations.
- Perform surveys in the prescribed format.
Your education and specifications:
- Technical/maritime education at university level
- Willing to travel frequently
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships.
- At least 3 years of professional experience, either as a Class Surveyor or as Shipyard Quality Control Inspector is requested.
- Previous experience as a surveyor of IACS Classification Societies would be a significant advantage.
Personal skills and abilities:
- Fluent in Greek and English language, both spoken and written
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and on tight schedules
- Ability to manage conflicts and to negotiate
Please send your updated CV to Rory.Edwards@faststream.com