Faststream are working with a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services focused on the marine, energy, and government sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career with an industry leading organisation. Your existing skills and experience will be put to good use managing a varied workload in a fast paced environment, and you will receive training to develop a thorough understanding of operations, policies, methods, and procedures.
As a Marine Surveyor your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Visiting manufacturers and/or fabricators for routine surveys to carry out material certification and witness fabrication of components.
- Working directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in area of technical expertise.
- Performing work involving applying conventional surveying practices, carrying out problem resolution activities and coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Preparing technically accurate and timely survey reports and responses to internal and external communications.
- Implementing and maintaining the company's Quality System within assigned area of responsibility.
- A degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Previous experience in a related role and industry
- Fluency in spoken and written German and English language
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format
- Knowledge of engineering systems and machinery, and ability to read engineering plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities
- Solution focused mindset, with the ability to identify and analyse problems and propose effective solutions
- Strong client management skills, responsive to customers.
- Team player, able to work well with others
- The right to live and work in Germany without restriction
You must be resident in (or willing to relocate to) the Haan area, ideally Dortmund.
To apply, please contact Andrew Follett.