This is a terrific opportunity to build a fulfilling career with one of the world's largest classification societies. It would suit someone currently working or living in Australia.
Our client, a large international class society, is looking for a Marine Engineer for their Sydney office. Surveyors will visit vessels and marine structures, preparing technical reports and working with their customers to identify and resolve any technical issues. They are looking for the following:
- Marine Engineer with previous surveying experience
- Experienced Chief engineer or 2nd Engineer (1st Asst Eng) with a class 1 ticket
- Ability to read engineering plans and have a basic understanding of shipbuilding practices and vessel operations
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities
- Must have an existing work permit/entitlement to work in Australia