Job Description: Marine Surveyor
The Marine Surveyor will be in charge of the following activities:
- Classification surveys of ships - new construction and ships in service.
- Surveying various types of maritime equipment, machinery, and cargo handling equipment.
- Surveys and certifications on behalf of public and governmental authorities.
- Production of accurate and concise reports.
Training and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Physically able to work in confined spaces, hazardous atmospheres, extreme temperatures and weather conditions, etc. and therefore not suffering from allergies, vertigo, claustrophobia, etc.
- Willing to travel frequently.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships.
- 2-5 years professional experience as an - class surveyor
Qualifications and Skills:
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and on tight schedules.
- Ability to manage conflicts and negotiate.
- Proactive customer focused approach.
Must be eligible to work legally in the USA