A long-established and highly regarded family-owned international shipping company is looking for an experienced technical purchaser to join their growing team in Cyprus to manage an assigned number of dry bulk vessels trading worldwide. They have a quality fleet that is young and predominantly Japanese-built.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following-
- Sourcing and expediting of spare parts for engines and ship systems.
- Estimating the cost of spare parts in support or parts orders, service orders, emergency orders, and overhauls.
- Arranging transportation from manufacturers and delivery to customers.
- Preparing reports as required.
- Perform evaluations of the technical spare parts stock materials planning process and inventory and make recommendations.
- Comply with reporting structure and all administration work.
- University degree, preferably in marine or mechanical engineering or junior engineering officer
- Excellent command of the English language
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under time-pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and strong work ethic
In return for the above you can expect good career development opportunities with an established shipowner undertaking rapid fleet expansion.