Our client is an international ship owner. They are currently hiring for a newly created position of Marine Training Manager.
This position will have broad responsibility for reviewing, upgrading and managing the training programme for all sea personnel including Master Mariner, Chief Engineer, officers, cadets and ratings. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop training strategies for all sea farers
- Develop and oversee training programmes including induction; on the job training; simulator training; web based training; leadership & management training; technical training
- Appoint and evaluate qualified training partners
- Interaction with and presenting to crew and manning agencies
- Responsible for training budget for sea farers
- Ad-hoc project work
The ideal person for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in shore based role responsible for marine training
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of seafarers from multiple countries
- Degree in Maritime Studies or other relevant qualification
This is an exciting opportunity to review and develop training strategy at a major international ship owning business. Our client can offer an attractive salary package based on experience.