A leading bunker trading company is looking for a highly enthusiastic individual for a Market Research Coordinator position. Reporting directly to senior management and working closely with the traders you will be the “go to” person for gathering, recording and interpreting the latest information within the fuel market.
This role will involve daily interactions with the traders across all offices globally, so good communications and interpersonal skills are essential. Potential candidates must be resourceful and accurate in their approach to research and have a keen interest in the shipping industry.
Key responsibilities include;
- Building relationships with the traders across the globe to encourage a regular feed of “on the ground” market information via phone, email and in person
- Continually resourcing new external sources for market information
- Summarising new information into short bulletins for traders to access daily
- Ensuring all information provided is accurate by cross checking sources
To be a suitable candidate you should have the following;
- A degree qualification in a shipping discipline
- Good general understanding of the shipping industry
- Experience working a position which requires a high level of detail and ideally some type of research.
- Ability to work effectively both under direction & independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather detailed research and deliver clear and accurate reporting