POSITION TITLE: Materials Coordinator DEPARTMENT: Service
CLASSIFICATION: F/T (Salary Range) APPROVED BY:
POSITION REPORTS TO: Service Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Responsible for providing material / inventory controls in support of the service operation. Maintain inventory data base and quoting of direct parts sales. Manage the daily shipping / receiving needs for all service locations. Performs end of month inventory closeout. Maintain calibration program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Responsible for all inventory functions related to the service operation.
- Evaluate and manage inventory levels.
- Maintain relationship with supporting vendors.
- Responsible for direct parts only sales.
- Manage shipping and receiving.
- Keep management informed of any significant materials problems.
- Meet and exceed Company customer service goals and objectives.
- Perform other essential related duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain stored inventories in a neat and organized fashion.
- Expected to effectively work together to meet the needs of the service operation.
- Inventory documents, records, and reports are prepared, maintained, and completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Shipping / receiving documents, records, and reports are prepared, maintained, and completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Department files are appropriately maintained.
- Inventory counts are correct and completed in a timely manner.
- Good communication and coordination exist with Company personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Two Year Community College graduate or equivalent experience required in the field of Purchasing / Shipping
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of related computer applications (Windows & Microsoft Office req’d). Business software experience such as SAP will be given priority.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One year of previous related experience required.
Typing and /or keyboarding experience required.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Good typing and computer entry skills required.
Attentive to detail and accurate.
- Drug free workplace. Applicant must submit to drug testing with no evidence of drug usage before beginning employment.
- Due to the nature of this position, applicant must authorize employer to conduct a satisfactory background check.