About the role
We have an immediate requirement for a highly skilled Robotics/Mechatronics Engineer. The successful candidate will be based in Singapore.
Qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering (or equivalent).
- Ideally 5-15 years' experience either in mechatronics or electrical/electronic engineering.
- Highly proficient programming experience (especially ABB Rapid or equivalent code from another robot supplier
- Experience with installing and commissioning robotic systems, as well as integration with ancillary (e.g. welding equipment).
- Robotic welding.
- Electrician license and/or skills in electrical wiring.
- Experience with robot simulation software (e.g. through robot studio), multiple robots and collision avoidance. Experience with CAM software such as Autodesk Powermill.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Proven ability to work independently and with others in a vibrant, team orientated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience, with the ability to accurately and effectively convey information to clients at all levels.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and build relationships cross-culturally and at all levels, and rapidly establish rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with a proactive and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritise workloads with competing demands.
- Strong work ethic with prioritisation, time-management and deadline achievement skills.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment including technological changes.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with customers.