Medium Speed Diesel Engine Technician
Our client is a major dealer for diesel, natural gas engines, heavy-fuel engines, turbochargers, and governors & controls systems used in marine, petroleum, industrial, and electric power generation applications throughout the US Gulf; the Caribbean; and
- Responsible for assisting with the service and overhauling of medium speed reciprocating engines and components.
- Perform maintenance, overhauls, and repairs to engine components including injectors, fuel pumps, cylinder heads, turbochargers, and governors and control systems
- Work both in the workshop and in the field
- Travel to various customer locations upon as directed including shipyards, onboard ship service, power stations, and gas compression stations, and travel to other countries for extended lengths of time.
- Prepare technical reports for both internal and external customers.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Be conscientious
- Be respectful to customers and co-workers
- Meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations as well as the Company’s initiatives andmaintains Caterpillar’s standards of excellence.
- High school diploma
- Associate or Bachelor degree in (Marine/Mechanical Engineering or Engine Technology) and/or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in marine operations and/or maintenance operations is preferred.
- Assistant Engineer License, OEM Service Technician level, or unlicensed seagoing experience for at least 2 years is preferred.
- Good communication skills including reporting skills and listening skills.
- Ability to develop leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of large bore, medium speed diesel engine controls and automation systems on engines such as: MaK, MAN, Wartsila, Bergen/Rolls Royce, HiMSEN, Sulzer, MAN B&W, Mitsubishi, Niigata.
- Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy fuel oil, diesel, gas, duel fuel, & common rail engines.
- Experience with maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of turbochargers such as Napier, KBB, MAN, ABB, STX is preferred.
- Good understanding of electrical and automation is desirable.
- Ability to contribute a positive and motivated environment.
- Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.