My client in Bristol seeks a Naval Architect to provide design and analytical consultancy services for a range of marine based projects.
Successful candidates will be joining a small team of Naval Architects supporting both defence and commercial marine clients on varied projects.
In this role you will:
- Provide varied Naval Architecture services to external clients to solve their specific marine problems
- Support internal multidisciplinary projects where Naval Architecture expertise or a wider knowledge of ships, boats and marine structures is required
- Proactively look outside of current client base to offer our capability to new marine markets
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree qualified (ideally MEng or MSc) in Naval Architecture or similar
- Experience working as a Naval Architect or Design Engineer on marine projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Working toward Chartered Engineer status
Additional advantageous requirements:
- Extensive experience working in the industry
- Broad understanding of the marine domain
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary project environment
- Experience of managing a project or task from its inception through to completion
As a small team within a large multidisciplinary firm, this role offers the best of both worlds- exposure to varied projects and support to develop your own ideas, along with stable employment with a well known industry name. Please apply with your CV to be considered.