Our client is a world leader in the naval defence world and they are currently recruiting for two Assistant Technical Authority Naval Architects to join their team on a permanent basis.
As an Assistant Technical Authority - Naval Architecture, you will be the Subject Matter Expert providing technical direction for Naval Architecture aspects including Hydrodynamics, Weights, Structures, Hull Outfit and Seamanship. You will support the Technical Authority (TA) in their responsibilities relating to requirements, acceptance, physical embodiment and safety of Naval Architecture aspects and support the delivery of an affordable, capable ship throughout the Design Definition Phase.
Your main responsibilities as an Assistant Technical Authority - Naval Architecture will involve:
- Defining and configuring control of the Naval Architecture elements of the design
- Supporting in the technical management of Suppliers including design reviews
- Leading and co-ordinating Naval Architecture Whole ship design and assurance reviews
- Leading on the resolution of key Naval Architecture issues
- Point of Contact for the Naval Architecture Approval Authority
- Conducting Technical risk assessment and mitigation - checking coherency across all engineering domains
- Supporting the Technical Authority - Naval Architecture in achieving certification
Your skills and qualifications as an Assistant Technical Authority - Naval Architecture:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in Naval Architecture/Ship Science/Marine Technology
- Experience in commercial or naval ship design including for example Stability, Hydrodynamics, Structures, Ship Outfit, Seamanship
- Experience working with specialist multi-disciplinary teams interfacing with a wide range of providers and customers
- Knowledge of Naval Architecture design processes and inter-relationships
- Understanding of Safety reviews and Hazard identification processes.
- Chartership or willingness to achieve
- Strong background in Naval Engineering practices/Defence industry
Please send your CV to Kate Drever, at Kate.Drever@faststream.com