Our client is a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production. They are currently recruiting for a Naval Architect to join their Southampton based team.
- Working as part of a team to deliver design work for assigned projects. While maintaining technical requirements and the standard of deliverables.
- Working effectively with colleagues across disciplines.
- Ensuring all tasks are achieved in a timely and effective manner.
- Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
- Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
- The ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement
- Competence in fundamental Naval Architecture tasks; including hull design and stability calculation, weight calculation, performance prediction, model testing, seakeeping analysis, tank plan development and arrangement drawings, including concept design stage space planning and development
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues across all disciplines
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
- The ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to suitable quality and standard.
- 2D CAD (AutoCAD) to produce design information (Advanced skill level).
- 2D/3D CAD and other specialist software (incl Maxsuf and Rhino) as required to produce design information.
- MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Knowledge and understanding of yacht regulations, Class and Flag rule sets (inc. REG Part A & Part B Codes).
- Knowledge and understanding of ship and large yacht structural design.
- Knowledge and understanding of ship and large yacht systems design and its impact upon integration.
To apply and find out more, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.