This is a terrific opportunity to build your career with one of the world's largest classification societies. Our client is looking for an energetic, ambitious marine engineer with a naval architecture background.
Performs engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular field of engineering or science. Through broader and more technically challenging work assignments, will develop a thorough understanding of policies, methods and procedures.
- Performs detailed engineering review of plans, as assigned, for compliance with applicable Rules, Regulations and contract commitments.
- Offers technical advice to field operations and other technical offices.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include moderately complex problems such as the resolution of conflicting design requirements, material standards or coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Proposes new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
- Drafts technically accurate and timely reports, and responses to letters, faxes and other forms of communication.
- Interacts with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
- Prepares accurate and timely weekly reports and billing on all work performed.
- Communicates the status of the current workload to all appropriate members of the team to ensure the needs of the clients will be met.
- Works as a team member within the group, but may work autonomously most of the time.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture, or equivalent
- Knowledge of section modulus, hand calculations related to load, and ship stability is desired.
- An understanding of class rules, International Requirements, and a structural software package is preferred.
- Applicants should have excellent problem solving and customer service skills, as well as the ability to communicate professionally in English across a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Shipyard or operational maritime experience is a significant plus.
- The applicant must have a current working entitlement/visa to work in the UK
- Fluency in English language
In return the successful applicant can expect great compensation and benefits, and an opportunity to further a career with a global classification society that rewards effort and commitment.