This is a terrific opportunity to build your career with one of the world's largest classification societies. Our client is looking for an energetic, ambitious naval architect.
Performs engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular field of engineering or science. Through broader and more technically challenging work assignments, will develop a thorough understanding of policies, methods and procedures.
- With minimal or no supervision performs detailed engineering review of plans, as assigned, for compliance with applicable Rules, Regulations and contract commitments.
- Offers technical advice to field operations and other technical offices.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include moderately complex problems such as the resolution of conflicting design requirements, material standards or coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Proposes new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
- Drafts technically accurate and timely reports, and responses to letters, faxes and other forms of communication.
- Interacts with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
- Prepares accurate and timely weekly reports and billing on all work performed.
- Communicates the status of the current workload to all appropriate members of the team to ensure the needs of the clients will be met.
- Works as a team member within the group, but may work autonomously most of the time.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in Naval Architecture with experience in the design of yachts & offshore vessels is desirable. Other degrees may be considered pending experience.
- Knowledge of section modulus, hand calculations related to load, and ship stability is desired.
- An understanding of class rules, International Requirements, and a structural software package is preferred.
- Applicants should have excellent problem solving and customer service skills, as well as the ability to communicate professionally in English across a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Shipyard or operational maritime experience is a significant plus.
- The applicant must have a current working entitlement/visa to work in Denmark
- A knowledge of Danish would be a distinct advantage
In return the successful applicant can expect great compensation and benefits, and an opportunity to further a career with a global classification society that rewards effort and commitment.