Our client, a leader in the operation of terminals and intermodal operations around the world has partnered with us to find an Operations Manager for their location in Saint John. In this role, you will oversee all day to day operations in the port, including terminal ops and maintenance. This is a "boots on the ground" working manager role, they are looking for someone who will be active in the terminal and involved in all aspects of operations. We are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelors Degree, Maritime academy preferred
- 10 plus years of experience in line management with a large customer focused operation in stevedoring, transportation or related fields
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE in negotiating and working daily with union labor and employee representatives, specifically ILA/ILWU
- Comfortable wearing many hats and leading several teams, including operations and engineering/maintenance
- Must be a Canadian or US Citizen to be considered for this position
- Must be a team player able to work with senior management as well as external stakeholders
In return for the above, our client offers a generous base salary, potential for annual bonus, excellent benefits and paid vacation. This is a great opportunity to leverage your terminal and leadership experience with an extremely stable international company that continues to enjoy year to year growth.