Responsible for performing supervisory, sales, operations, and administrative duties while performing field work when required. Technically support field engineers and technicians. Work with other areas within the Company’s field operations to provide teamwork on projects. Provide business, managerial, and technical direction to the field service operation. Serve as customer contact and liaison. Keep track of job progress, quality of work and financial details from the job/order input through invoicing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the revenue, efficiency, profit, and quality of the area operation.
- Work with Region office to develop and maintain daily schedule for Field Engineers and Technicians.
- Maintain objective for field efficiency.
- Make certain that equipment is scheduled and materials and supplies are available for jobs.
- Develop and review proposals, and review reports of field engineers and technicians.
- Review and sign contracts consistent with Limits of Authority.
- Review and approve time cards and expense accounts as appropriate.
- Review and audit field jobs.
- Provide technical support and assistance for field personnel and sales engineers.
- Work with staff to develop weekly invoicing.
- Maintain test equipment asset inventory system so location of Company assets is known.
- Interview job applicants.
- Perform employee performance reviews and recommend appropriate salary changes.
- Coordinate technical training for field personnel and assist with career development.
- Review and recommend field technical procedures and procedure changes.
- Participate in the development of Area strategy and periodically review plan to ensure that office work is on track.
- Work with Management and Sales resources to promote new business.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, specialized tests, inspections, and appraisals on electrical apparatus and systems. Lead large projects requiring strong project management skills.
- Maintain customer relationships and contracts with existing new customers.
- Give technical presentations and write articles.
- Develop new customers.
- More specific objectives and expectations of this position will be outlined by supervisor.
- Expected to maintain NETA status. NETA III expected.
- Expected to improve own knowledge through continuing education courses in management, supervision and job-related technical courses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate Engineer BSEE and six years of experience, or Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and nine years minimum same or similar work experience, or High school education or equivalent and ten years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Requires special skills in a majority of the following: Power quality surveys -generation and co¬generation start-up – ANSI, NEC, NEMA; pilot wire and distance relaying -computer power system transient surveys – vector analysis.
- Strong background and experience in all types of switchgear and equipment testing through the 500 kV class.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical apparatus testing with a strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- A high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and management skills are required.
- A good theoretical background and strong management skills are necessary.
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients, peers, subordinates and management.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work.
- Willing to do overnight travel to cover field region and attend company meetings.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be authorized to work legally in the United States.