Northeast USA Outside Sales Representative - Marine
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate with branches, regions and executive sponsors to develop and execute growth for valve sales specifically to marine customers. Target PVFM sales growth with all accounts. Growth plans will include sales and gross margin enhancements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential marine PVFM customers. Project sales support as well. Promote company PVFM and automation capabilities through branch support including sister automation and engineered product companies.
- Conduct PVFM and valve automation capability presentations and training at end user level, branch level and executive sponsor level. Create and maintain customer awareness of company PVFM and automation capabilities.
- Connect core manufacturer products and services to company field and end user needs. Support and promote company's core offerings to end users.
- Represent company in attending applicable industry and conferences.
- Coordinate with company for restocking levels, product rationalization, and new inventory items. Identify and communicate valve market demand trends through communication with end users and company field representatives/locations.
- Responsible for the Northeast and potentially the Great Lakes Geographic Area – Travel Required up to 50%
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job
- B.S. Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work. 5 to 10+ years experience in PVFM sales in marine , valve and/or valve automation expertise preferred.
- A technical aptitude for pipe, fittings, material and valves plus automation required.
- An understanding of PVFM markets specifically the marine industry experience preferred.
- Strong PC skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and accurately calculate applications such as resale prices, units of measure conversions, and percentage of change and profit margins and markups;
- Ability to learn company business processes and company specific software;
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to meet the company vehicle policy.
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status.
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with company guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.