PEMEX Relationship Manager - Mexico
Can be based in Ciudad Del Carmen; Mexico City; or Villahermosa
Position is a contract position. The candidate must sign an independent contractor agreement. This position may lead to a full-time employment position after one year.
- The PEMEX Relationship Manager is responsible for meeting the sales budget of the branch and is its senior most sales person. He/she also directs any outside sales resources should they exist.
- The PEMEX Relationship Manager is the head of the service organization for the Mexico branch. He/she insures the quality of its delivery by looking at all service processes, but especially by shepherding the development of the field service team. He/she is also a mentor to the field service team.
- Responsible for the day-to-day product support for engine, turbocharger, fuel system, and governors & controls products.
- Directs and schedules service team members who work in the field. He/she offers technical advice and direction regarding technical service questions that are beyond the experience of the field personnel. Occasionally he/she attends engine installations to insure the quality of the service delivered.
- Supervises the Parts Manager and oversees his/her performance regarding parts quotations, sales, shipping, receiving, purchasing, and materials management.
- Supervises the Service Administrator and oversees his/her performance regarding service scheduling, hours entry, invoicing, and report writing.
- Attends quarterly sales meetings (normally in Houston) and reports on the sales status of each of the customers in his/her territory
- Participates in the Monday morning sales conference calls consistently with a report on the order book, orders pipeline, and plans for sales activities.
- Maintains a positive morale in the office and develops a culture of teamwork and productivity.
- Provides updates regarding the scheduling of the training and development of the field service team. He/she reviews this with field service team directly and periodically to insure that it is accomplished. He/she also coordinates this with the Manager responsible for training scheduling (currently the Manager of Turbo Marketing and Quality).
- Establishes the proper procedures for machine shop and engine shop activities. He/she assures that the quality level in the shop and the cleanliness of the shop is at a very high level and suitable of achieving a platinum rating by Caterpillar or its independent auditors. He/she does this partially by insuring that the shops are following proper procedures and by spot checking the repair folders.
- Insures customer satisfaction, safety and profitability.
- Relationships at all levels within Pemex