This is a terrific opportunity to build your career with a well-known global company. Our client is looking for a marine engineer with a naval architect background to join their marine/offshore hull engineering team in London.
Performs engineering design review and analysis of vessel drawings and documents in compliance with client requirements.
- With minimal or no supervision performs detailed engineering review of plans, as assigned, for compliance with applicable Rules, Regulations and contract commitments.
- Offers technical advice to field operations and other technical offices.
- Proposes new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
- Drafts technically accurate and timely reports, and responses to letters, faxes and other forms of communication.
- Interacts with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
- Prepares accurate and timely weekly reports and billing on all work performed.
- Communicates the status of the current workload to all appropriate members of the team to ensure the needs of the clients will be met.
- Works as a team member within the group, but may also work autonomously .
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture.
- Knowledge of section modulus, hand calculations related to load, and ship stability is desired.
- An understanding of class rules, International Requirements, and a structural software package is preferred.
- Applicants should have excellent problem solving and customer service skills, as well as the ability to communicate professionally in English across a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Shipyard or operational maritime experience is a significant plus.
- The applicant must have a current working entitlement/visa to work in the UK.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken is required.
In return the successful applicant can expect great compensation and benefits, and an opportunity to further a career with a company that rewards effort and commitment.