Our client is seeking a Port Captain responsible for all tug and barge operations. This will include supervision of officers and crew, maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations, and safety compliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise officers and crew
- Work with customers, company employees, vendors, pilots, and officials.
- Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures.
- Hiring, crewing, promotions and on board personnel placement.
- Monitor and direct training requirements
- Vessel scheduling, planning and communication
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring to deck officers
Desired skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma - Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years as tugboat captain
- 3+ years ashore in a supervisory role
- Strong leadership skills
- Valid USCG license - Master of Towing preferred