Port Captain - Tankers
Do you have experience at sea and ashore? The ideal candidate will have tanker time as a Master and preferably time ashore in an operations role. Our client, a vessel owner, is looking for a Port Captain to join their team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to run your own fleet. We're looking for someone who wants to move into shoreside management and have a direct impact of strategy and day to day operations.
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelors Degree, Maritime Academy preferred
- Time at sea on tank vessels - tankers / ATBs - Master license required
- Able to effectively work with both ship's crews as well as various shoreside colleagues
- Familiar with USCG and ABS regulations required
- Oversee all vessel and cargo operations
- Assist vessel Master and crew with safe and efficient cargo load/discharge
- Able to travel to vessel when required
- Must be a USA citizen or USA Permanent Resident
In return for the above, our client offers a generous base salary, annual company bonus, excellent benefits and paid vacation. This is a great opportunity for someone to come shoreside and leverage their time as sea on tankers and join a stable forward leaning organization.