Port Engineer – Houston
Port Engineer needed to manage day to day operational readiness, maintenance and regulatory compliance of the vessels and barges. Management of vessel costs and marine personnel working on the vessels. Promotes the safety culture to personnel working onboard company vessels. Provides support with regard to equipment inspections, vessel surveys, repairs, dry-dockings and yard periods to other regions, divisions and companies as required.
- Develops and reviews planned maintenance program for vessels.
- Evaluates and initiates corrective action on emergency/casualty repairs for vessels.
- Ability to analyze problems via communication while a vessel is at sea or in a remote location.
- Monitors all engineering work-in-progress for planned and unplanned maintenance and repairs for vessels.
- Determines methods, lengths and costs of necessary vessel repairs.
- Trains engineers with regard to vessel systems, repairs, and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the remedy and repair of all deficiencies, operational and administrative.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Maritime academy, college degree, or similar.
- USCG license as Chief Engineer
- Experience in a similar role shoreside is a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a USA citizen or USA permanent resident