Port Operations Manager
Overall responsibility for a fleet of 2 fast ferries and two crew boats operating from Ceiba, Puerto Rico and Vieques, Puerto Rico.
This is a guaranteed 1 year contract, with a possible extension of 6 months afterwards.
Includes a company paid apartment and vehicle for personal use. Personal medical plan, 8 vacation days, and two round trip airfare to home port on mainland USA (if not currently residing in Puerto Rico).
- General marine operations
- Fleet administration
- Management of licensed and unlicensed personnel
- Maintenance & repair of vessels
- Personnel scheduling
- Interface with the PR Maritime Transportation Authority
- Communication with US Coast Guard and other agencies
- Submission of daily, periodic and monthly reports
- 3+ years of marine operations management experience - commercial maritime or USCG/USN
- USCG 100 Ton Master License
- 2+ years of operating a ferry or commercial vessel
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Maritime Academy or other maritime schooling preferred
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
***Must be able to pass Drug/Alcohol test mandated by US Coast Guard and be able to pass during random and post-accident testing***