Faststream has partnered with a long term client to help hire a strategically important Port Manager position.
The successful candidate will head up two crucial port locations in the UK for our client, a global leader within the Tug and Towage industry.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and continually growing organisation with fantastic opportunities for internal progression.
The Port Manager has overall responsibility for the general management of the two-port operations in the North East of England. This is a great opportunity to lead a sizeable workforce and contribute to a fantastic working culture.
Roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee local business objectives (complementing wider group targets)
- Maintain the working relationship with key clients within the ports
- Manage the P&L and ensure operational efficiency
- Manage and protect all assets on the waterway
- Proactively assist the commercial team in winning new business
- Ensure the highest safety standards are maintained and improved where necessary
- Manage both sea and shore staff and build relationships with union representatives
- Report directly to senior management
To be considered you will have extensive management experience in a port / maritime environment and have strong commercial and operational acumen, including P&L management experience and safety management knowledge.
Candidates with experience of liaising with Unions are preferred. In order to succeed you will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to split your time between multiple sites seamlessly.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a fantastic business with an international reach. In addition, a competitive salary and well-rounded benefits package is on offer.
To be considered for the role you must have the enduring right to live and work in the UK.
To find out more and to apply, please send your updated CV to Sebastian.Zuliani@faststream.com