ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing the Structural design philosophy, design basis and functional specification for design, Engineering and Construction of large FPSO in accordance with Company and CLIENT standards for the offshore installation and operational life of the FPSO.
- Responsible for leading a Team of Leads and Sr Engineers to have Concept and Basic Structural Engineering Activities executed for designing a large FPSO (New Built as well as Conversion)
- Responsible for managing Engineering subcontractors during execution of Basic and Detailed Engineering Scopes
- Interfacing with other disciplines for designing the FPSO which maintains Structural a compliant and integral FPSO structure.
- Managing key packages/subcontracting activities including development of SoW, assistance in evaluation and suggesting the best Subcontractor for the specified work pack.
- Oversee the design of hull Structures including its interfacing with the sophisticated and complex topsides structures for Floating Facilities in excess of 15000 mt.
- Oversee the design of Global and Local Hull Structural Design including Riser, mooring, Offloading, Topside module Stools and LQ arrangements for major Floating Facilities.
- Direct and mentor structural teams both internal and third party under their direct control.
- Highly competent in Structural Engineering and Engineering management of FPSO Hull Design.
- Knowledgeable and experience in associated engineering discipline design tools, codes and standards.
- Able to address design risk, shortfall and propose mitigative measures considering all aspects of FPSO design.
- More than 15 years of experience in structural engineering design, construction and integration for offshore floating facilities.
- More than 8 years of experience in the design of Hull Structures for large FPSOs with the capacity to carry topsides exceeding 25,000 tonnes
- More than 5 years of experience in designing of Key FPSO Structures like, Riser and Mooring Porches/balconies for floating facilities.
- Knowledge of detailed structural design of Hull and applicability of International Codes and Standards, Classification and Key client requirements (Petrobras experience will be added advantage)
- Experienced in managing engineering companies, Interfacing with fabrication yards and multidiscipline team in the structural design of the FPSO Hull.
- Relevant recognized qualifications – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Preference: Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate / Registered with relevant professional body.