A very exciting opportunity to join one of the biggest design consultancies in the UK. Our client is looking for a Principal Marine Engineer to join their expanding team, the successful candidate is expected to undertake Marine Engineering projects/tasks covering all areas of vessel design and modification. Also to include:
- Design and consultancy of power and propulsion machinery selection including alternative fuels, hybrid systems etc.
- Design and consultancy of all ship marine systems and equipment
- Design and consultancy of retrofit of "clean" technologies such as Ballast Water
- Treatment and Exhaust Gas Scrubbers
- Work across a range of vessel types and sizes
Marketing & Sales
- Develop the Marine Engineering business stream within the organisation
- Market capabilities to existing clients
- Identify and secure new clients.
- Work with the Directors to develop and implement the Marine Engineering strategy for the business.
- Develop and manage a team of Marine Engineering resources across the organisation's offices across the UK.
- Responsibility for the delivery of all the organisation's marine engineering projects and ensure safety, quality, schedule and resources. Communicate resource needs to the office manager / director to deliver assigned projects to quality, cost and schedule.
- Communicate directly with the customer. Undertake project planning, invoicing and cash collection activities.
- Identify own training requirements to maintain continued professional development.
- Identify training requirements of others to deliver Marine Engineering strategy.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- A minimum of 6 years in relevant employment
Practical experience of vessel systems installation and operation (e.g. through time at sea in a relevant role, or through experience in a ship-yard environment)