***Exclusive to Halcyon Recruitment***
A top marine, offshore and engineering consultancy requires an experienced Master Mariner with technical commercial aptitude to lead their Marine Advisory business unit.
Purpose of the role:
To provide business and technical leadership and guidance for the Marine Advisory business unit delivered by the London office. To identify opportunities, win work, manage and participate in a wide variety of consultancy projects involving advisory services for;
ports and shipping;
navigational and other risk assessments; and
operational support including rig moving and owner/client representation.
To ensure quality and profitability of all Marine Advisory work performed by the London office. To prepare tenders in response to enquiries from clients. To promote the Company’s capabilities and to support the training and recruitment of personnel to deliver the workload as required.
The position will require travel, sometimes at short notice, to attend for surveys, inspections and client meetings.
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- To be a certified Master Mariner (Unlimited STCW II/2 CoC)
- Experienced in the provision of relevant consultancy services (minimum 2 years)
- To have excellent report writing and spoken communication skills
- To have strong technical and commercial skills
- To be a confident self-starter who works proactively
- To have a proven track record with business development
- To be able to work independently and manage a team
- Ideally with experience of providing expert witness or other legal support services
- Right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Medically fit.