Direct Search Global is working closely with one of the world's largest offshore production asset owner to search for a subject matter expert in deepwater facility production systems. This position will be based at their office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reach out to us now to speak about this exciting opportunity!
The incumbent shall be employed for Floating Production projects, ensuring business objectives (Safety, Specification, Quality, Cost & Schedule) are maintained throughout the project life cycle.
Lead the selection process and strategy relating to major production system vendors/EPC contractors and/or technical partners. Production systems include crude reception manifolds, separation and test and stabilisation systems. Coordinate with the engineering team and the selected vendors/contractor/partner to develop an appropriate and robust solutions leading to timely delivery of a fully priced design solution for input to the bid. Control follow on work after bid submission including the preparation of long lead contracts to ensure readiness to award in the early stage of the EPCIC phase.
Oversee the production systems vendors/contractor/partner selection from Request for Quotation through manufacture & construction, installation in the FPSO Hull, Mechanical completion, Pre-commissioning & preparation for sail away. Remain available during offshore commissioning and start-up in order to provide technical support with a possible requirement for offshore visits to provide fast track response and participate in the execution of the start-up procedure.
Support asset operations to troubleshoot and coordinate with third parties relating to operations upset or performance debottlenecking.
- Ensure the production systems and related utility design is safe, operable & maintainable and fully compliant with the project Basis of Design (BoD) and Company standards.
- Establish and agree key interface requirements and information freeze points with overall topsides systems and marine systems.
- Establish and agree with construction group on installation method and sequence.
- Ensure that the monitoring, control, testing, preservation and commissioning requirements have been properly addressed to ensure smooth handover and startup by the commissioning team.
- Ensure timely delivery and installation of equipment/skids and modules in accordance with contractual milestone dates through driving engineering, procurement activities in support of the construction and overall topsides delivery manager expectations.
- The SURF equipment design shall be Safe, Operable & Maintainable and fully compliant
- Accountable for direct reporting of key technical issues and concerns directly to the Project Director.
- Oversee the development of the functional specification and contractual scope of work.
- Work with the process, mechanical engineers, rotating, electrical and instrument engineering leads and SME to ensure a robust design consistent with the overall plant design requirements.
- Manage the mechanical package engineers and piping and layout engineers design to ensure all vendor and plant preliminary design arrangements meet Company's commissioning, startup and operational requirements.
- Provide a focused interface between adjacent process systems, marine systems and the structural interfaces related to the hull.
- Provide recommendations on mechanical handling requirements during commissioning and operations.
- Participate in safety studies and ensure that necessary information required is developed in order to close out proposed mitigation identified during risk assessment.
- Recognize potential and actual delays to the work and recommend timely corrective measures
- Conduct site visits to the vendor and overall module yard to ensure planning for key milestones is on track and to provide guidance to construction and commissioning teams where required.
- Assess impact of major technical queries, design changes and/or interface changes and prepare recommendations to execute the changes.
- Assist in the preparation of change management support documentation and provide technical support to the overall Topside Delivery Manager on all commercial/contractual negotiations related to the system.
- Provide technical interface for project independent reviews at key milestones.
- Provide technical interface for system performance assessment at startup and at designated times during the operation of the facility.
- Liaison with shipyard PMT for module/skid/equipment integration preparedness.
- Peer Review Project Weekly & Monthly Progress reports
- 15 – 25 years relevant experience in the execution of major Offshore Oil & Gas EPC projects.
- Minimum Years of FPSO Experience: 12
- Number of FPSO Projects (throughout relevant phases): 4
- Minimum years delivery manager experience: 6
- BEng Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally hold or working towards membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Experience of typical issues and concerns for complex FPSO projects EPCIC
- Experience in management of a multid-iscipline engineering team
- Strong technical understanding of the key design requirements of FPSO production systems
- Experience in vendor package management exceeding 20 MUSD
- Proven performance in a key role in the delivery of topside modules (circa 3,000 to 10,000 tonnes)
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to email@example.com