Direct Search Global is working closely with an offshore production facility owner and operator in search for a utility systems subject matter expert to be based at their office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, you will be working with a team of highly competent engineers to oversee vendors/contractors/partner selection for utility systems used onboard the FPSO.
- Ensure the utility systems and interfaces with the Gas and Production system is safe, operable & maintainable and fully compliant with the project Basis of Design (BoD) and Company standards.
- Establish and agree key interface requirements and information freeze points with overall topsides systems and marine systems.
- Establish and agree with construction group on installation method and sequence.
- Ensure that the monitoring, control, testing, preservation and commissioning requirements have been properly addressed to ensure smooth handover and startup by the commissioning team.
- Ensure timely delivery and installation of equipment/skids and modules in accordance with contractual milestone dates through driving engineering, procurement activities in support of the construction and overall topsides delivery manager expectations.
- The SURF equipment design shall be Safe, Operable & Maintainable and fully compliant with standards
- Accountable for direct reporting of key technical issues and concerns directly to the Project Director.
- Oversee the development of the functional specification and contractual scope of work.
- Work with the process, mechanical engineers, rotating, electrical and instrument engineering leads and SME to ensure a robust design consistent with the overall plant design requirements.
- Manage the mechanical package engineers and piping and layout engineers design to ensure all vendor and plant preliminary design arrangements meet Company's commissioning, startup and operational requirements.
- Provide a focused interface between adjacent process systems, marine systems and the structural interfaces related to the hull.
- Provide recommendations on mechanical handling requirements during commissioning and operations.
- Participate in safety studies and ensure that necessary information required is developed in order to close out proposed mitigations identified during risk assessment.
- Recognize potential and actual delays to the work and recommend timely corrective measures
- Conduct site visits to the vendor and overall module yard to ensure planning for key milestones are on track and to provide guidance to construction and commissioning teams where required.
- Assess impact of major technical queries, design changes and/or interface changes and prepare recommendations to execute the changes.
- Assist in the preparation of change management support documentation and provide technical support to the overall Topside Delivery Manager on all commercial/contractual negotiations related to the system.
- Provide technical interface for project independent reviews at key milestones.
- Provide technical interface for system performance assessment at startup and at designated times during the operation of the facility.
- Liaison with shipyard PMT for module/skid/equipment integration preparedness
- Peer Review Project Weekly & Monthly Progress reports
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org